IVECO ON Digital Services wins Busworld Digital Award in the Digital Operational Excellence category
IVECO ON telematics services from IVECO BUS received the Busworld Digital Award in the Digital Operational Excellence category. This prize recognises the manufacturer's ability to offer expert connected services that meet the requirements of public transport authorities and operators in terms of the management and performance of their fleets. The ceremony took place at Busworld in Brussels on Wednesday 11 October, closing the Digital Mobility Solutions conference.
Vénissieux, 12 October 2023
IVECO BUS won the Digital Operational Excellence category in the first edition of the Busworld Digital Awards organised by Busworld Europe, the world's largest bus and coach trade fair. The recognition was awarded by a jury of specialists from the trade press, professional associations, bus and coach operators and other professionals such as digital engineering experts. The categories of digital products and services in the Busworld Digital Awards include Digital On Board Comfort, Digital Operational Excellence, Digitally Enhanced Driving, and E-Mobility Management.
IVECO ON: digital services for more performance
The digital experience provided by IVECO ON is built around customer needs: it helps to optimize fleet performance and uptime, tailor the service offered to passengers and optimize the total cost of ownership.
"We are especially proud to receive this prize, which rewards the team effort that has gone into building a digital service solution that extends beyond the supply of our vehicle. IVECO ON connectivity services, focused on the needs of public transport authorities and operators, are designed to help them optimize the operation and management of their fleets of both internal combustion engine buses and zero-emission vehicles. For the latter, we have created a full set of innovative reports to make it easy for our customers to manage our Electric units and batteries effectively.", said Marco Franza, Head of Bus Customer Service and Energy Mobility Solutions.
Included as standard on all IVECO BUS vehicles delivered by the manufacturer since the beginning of 2022, IVECO ON connectivity services meet the requirements of public transport authorities and operators to significantly improve the performance of their fleets.
· Extensive information on the behaviour of the bus fleet in operation, such as energy consumption, average speed, and distance per day, as well as Driving Style Evaluation, are accessible via the IVECO ON Portal. The customer is also able to monitor detailed data on individual vehicles, enabling them to control the performance of their fleet.
· Performance data and daily technical reports from connected IVECO BUS vehicles are processed by specialists in our Control Rooms based in Vénissieux and Rorthais (France) both for internal combustion engine vehicles (ICE) and battery electric vehicles (BEV). Through dedicated reports, we can support our customers in monitoring the fleets to optimize their performance and, in some cases, anticipate failures in operation to avoid unplanned stops. The main KPIs of traction batteries – such as SoC, SoH, charging cycles, temperature and module controls – door tracking, braking cycles and other functions are analyzed in detail every day, providing useful problem-solving information.
· The Premium Pack, available as an option, provides real-time information focused on the fleet’s operation. It includes the choice between a real-time portal for operating fleet management and a Web API ITxPT Standard TiGR, a high-performance, standardized solution for customers who need to monitor vehicles in a multi-brand fleet. This API, standardized by the ITxPT European association, eliminates the need to use an additional telematics box to access data from different brands of buses within the same fleet.
More than 3,000 vehicles already benefit from the IVECO ON digital services in Europe.
IVECO BUS is a brand of Iveco Group N.V. (EXM: IVG), a global leader in commercial and specialty vehicles, powertrain, and financial services, listed on the Borsa Italiana in Milan.
With a worldwide presence and a leading position in Europe in sustainable public transport, IVECO BUS supports public and private operators in all their missions, with an offer of global mobility solutions available in different energies, such as electric or powered by compressed natural gas compatible with biomethane.
The overall offer includes:
- school, intercity and tourism coaches;
- standard and articulated city buses, including BRT dedicated versions; city midibuses
- minibuses for all passenger transport missions.
- connectivity and fleet management services available through IVECO ON
- a portfolio of products and services with Energy Mobility Solutions, from simulations and design to the supply of charging stations, and installation and maintenance of the charging infrastructure
The extensive IVECO BUS and IVECO service network guarantees assistance around the world wherever an Iveco Bus vehicle is at work.
IVECO BUS employs over 5,000 people across five production units, in Annonay and Rorthais, France, Vysoké Myto, Czech Republic, Brescia and Foggia, Italy.
For further information about IVECO BUS: www.ivecobus.com
For further information, please contact:
Mobile + 33 6 87 71 36 24